Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ant Trap

We had an ant invasion in our home last week. Anyone who has been lucky enough to live in Houston knows that this is somewhat common and doesn't cause the amount of stress that infestations of other Houston-friendly pests would cause (read: rats, cockroaches, snakes, spiders).

Lucky for me, at any given time I have at least one kid who is crazy about bugs. Right now it is Calvin, "I yuv (love) bugs, Mom!" Talmage is also interested in them. Apparently his kindergarten teacher didn't want to kill any living things so he is always trying to "save" the bugs from Calvin who really just yuvs smashing them. Anyway, Tal and Calvin decided they could fix my ant problem. This is what they came up with:

I'm not sure what they thought ice, tin foil, and a dog blanket would do. But in case you're wondering: ants can freeze to death.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Ah! I hate ants! We had an them too. I can't tell you how many times I've dreamed about them.

Julie said...

Love it!

Maria said...

Smart boys! ;)