Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reflections

I keep waiting for the cards to fall.

That's how I feel about our new life.  There are still annoyances, adjustments and inconveniences (they'll have to wait for another post).

But the most fundamental aspects of my life have improved so much that it's hard for me to believe.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  All of the sudden I am not alone in this.

And it is wonderful.

I am a better mom (most days), wife (sometimes), and person (usually) - but we're counting small victories here and those little improvements add up to a big difference.

I'm so grateful we took a risk and made a change.

Because it was and is hard.  But it has been worth it.
Just wanted you to know.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks so much dear Lindsey. We picked up the tickets today. So anxious to see you all. Girding up myself for the heat!

Angie said...

Love reading your blog and loved all of the pics of Sri Lanka. How awesome are you as a travel agent? :) We're so glad your family is here with us in the sandbox. You are doing fantastic and were meant to be an expat because you really have adjusted so well to all of it! Looking forward to many adventures together! Hugs, A