Monday, January 28, 2008

Loser

Okay so I am the only loser in my family not to have posted in the last month. Sorry. I've just been in one of those funks where sitting down for five minutes to write seems overwhelming. For example as I sit here writing Talmage is crying upstairs (he's supposed to be going to bed - but is mad because he can't find spiderman) and I am trying to talk myself out of a rage blackout (or throwing him in the cold shower) and trying to talk myself into being a good mom and going to comfort him. Does anyone else experience these supreme internal battles?
For all of those who haven't heard it is definitley a boy! Yeah! We think it will be little Calvin and every morning Tal will get up and say really loudly (at my belly) "GOOD MORNING CALVIN! HOW ARE YOU?" then Naomi will start hollering in the general direction of my belly "GOO MOOING CAW... MA MA WO WA" It's pretty hilarious.
Tal is surprising me with his spontaneous good behavior lately. For example today we went to the park. He, as usual, got stuck on this climbing wall thing so I went over and started talking him down. When he was just about on solid ground he looked over at me and said, "Thank you for teaching me how to get down Mom." Kids are hilarious.

Okay, I've got to go comfort my screaming child now.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

holy cow i wish i were there!!! i could transfer to houston couldnt i? ahhh..if only i had unlimited means. holy cow that cold shower thing is so funny!!! you know you could always pull a dustin and tell him to be quiet NOW!! but personally i like the idea of locking them in the bathroom...:) just a thought....

Melody said...

I totally know what you mean about the rage battles! Eirik is a very insistent kid and when he gets mad he will scream until he throws up on purpose. This has only happened a few times, but I say it to demonstrate that he has a temper! This morning I locked myself in the bathroom so that I could take a phone call while he screamed incessantly on the other side of the door just because I wasn't giving him full attention.
It helps me to read about other toddlers tantrums so that I remember I'm not the only mom counting to ten and breathing to keep from locking their kid in the closet.
Keep up the good work. :)
We will make it and then they'll be out of the house and we'll be sad because we're alone. (I just got a card from my grandma W. that said that) It reminded me to love even the hard times with my boys.
I'm glad you posted!

Kelsey said...

I just about stopped checking to see if you have updated! We need to get together! When are you free?