Thursday, January 31, 2008

NAPS

(just imagine that in my head I am screaming this) OKAY. SO IGUESS TAL IS DONE TAKING NAPS. I AM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THIS. IT'S NOT THAT HE WON'T STAY IN HIS ROOM FOR THE HOUR LONG "QUIET TIME" OH YES, HE DOES THAT VERY WELL(HE'S BEEN THREATENED WITH A COLD SHOWER). what is making me mad is that ... HE NEEDS A NAP. NOT JUST BECAUSE HE'S CRANKY AND FALLS ASLEEP IN THE CAR WHEN HE DOESN'T GET ONE. but also, because HE'S TIRED! DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT I AM HIS MOM AND I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR HIM???? when i say go to sleep i mean GO TO SLEEP NOW!!!

okay, I feel a little better. I suppose I will just give up a little control here - ah it begins :)

P.S. I just told Tal to come out of his room - I made him stay two hours today trying to force the issue to no avail (can you believe he will play in his room quietly for two hours) as soon as I said (in a surrendering voice) "Okay Tal you can come down" I hear this sigh from his room as he says "Thanks mom!" What a sweet kid.

3 comments:

The Cranney's said...

Lindsey,

It is ok to let him have quiet time in his room for an hour while you take a break. I remember how depressed I was when Hunter gave up his naps and how I thought I would never get anything done ever again. hang in there!

Jessica said...

oh your kids are so stinking cute! lindsey your a great mom. and its not like he can get into anyreally danger is it.? ok sorry guys i am on my sleeping pills so this is king of wiord i opolojies. basically that means that is ti time tfor me to go to sleep.

Dustin James said...

Hey we made a family blog check it out www.thedraperfamily.wordpress.com