Monday, November 24, 2008

Ten for Texas




Two of my friends and I ran a 10 mile race a couple weekends ago. I was coming out of recovery from being injured and then sick for a few weeks...and let's just say it wasn't my finest hour! At mile two I started to question whether I would be able to complete the entire 10 - I was really feeling cruddy :) Anyway, the race photographer emailed us some pics and I thought I would share them...just so you can really appreciate how "great" I was feeling that day...






...the good news is that we did a 20 mile training run this Saturday and it felt much better...and I can still walk :)

5 comments:

Matt and Julia said...

WOW! You rock!

Vause Family said...

Way to go! You gotta love race pictures!

Rachel said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!! You are seriously tough. Good job!

Angela said...

You are tough girl! And whatever, you pulled off an amazing race! You gotta love race photos, don't look at them too often, you might talk yourself out of racing. You just want to focus on how great you feel afterwards, when the runners high kicks in with a great big sense of accomplishment. There are so few things in our lives that we can do and be done with... a race is one of them. I feel like just about everything else is a work in progress.

The Law Spot said...

Go Lindsey! So, when you say "I was feeling cruddy" and you thought you'd share these pics so we "can really appreciate how "great" (you were) feeling that day...", I don't get it... This is how all my pictures from races come back to me even on the days I was feeling good... Hmmm... what does that mean? :) You just look like you are a lean, mean, running machine! Anyhow, you seriously rock.