Friday, December 24, 2010

Ouch!

Andy caught Tal having a rage blackout a couple of days ago. This consists of Tal holding his breath, turning bright red, squeezing his fists and usually growling some inaudible phrases.

Andy: Talmage! Where did you learn that kind of behavior?
Tal: Uh? Mom.
Andy: I've never seen Mom act like that.
Tal: Well, that's because your always at work.

Ouch. Nothing like having your lunch handed to you by a six-year-old.

A few other funny ones:

A few nights ago as Naomi and Tal were both hyperventilating because I-wasn't-putting-them-to-bed-first!!
Mom: (As I was tucking Tal into bed) Tal, do you think I should go tuck Naomi into bed?
Tal: (getting very quiet and thoughtful) Well, maybe if you do Santa will put you on his nice list!

A few nights later as Tal and I were talking about our day.
Mom: I'm shouldn't have gotten so upset when you weren't listening.
Tal: That's okay mom. (and then after a moments pause) But mom, I really want you to get what you want for Christmas even though you were a little naughty.

He's just full of one-liners these days!

3 comments:

Julia said...

OH my gosh! I love those kids!

The Law Spot said...

Ha, ha, ha... that Tal! Cracks me up!

Vause Family said...

Love that! And that fact that he zinged you both in one sentence. Touche!