Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa

Tal: Mom, I noticed that there is a big box in the garage with a blanket over it. I think it's for Christmas.
Mom: Oh you do? Did you look under it?
Tal: No Mom it's for Christmas!
Mom: Well don't look under it okay?
Tal: Mom, I think you should move it...I don't know how long I can resist!

A couple of nights ago Tal was being over the top nice. "Mom, can I get you anything?" "Please mom anything? I really would like to get you something?" "Here Naomi use my pillow?" and on and on. Finally, I asked what the deal was? "Well I really want to be on Santa's nice list. I do not want a lump of coal!" It's amazing the difference this discovery has made in Tal's behavior - December may become my favorite month!

Tal: Mom, I think I want a hot tub for Christmas.
Mom: Really? A hot tub? That sounds like something Daddy would like too.
Tal: Yeah, it'd be a gift for me and dad.
Mom: (Trying to come up with a way out of this one) Yeah, I don't think a hot tub will fit on Santa's sleigh.
Tal: Sure it will mom. A trampoline fits on his sleigh and a hot tub is about the same size.
Mom: Well, that's true. (Desperate now) But if you got a hot tub it would be for both you and dad. Do you think Dad has been naughty or nice this year?
Tal: (With a little smile) Well a little naughty.

4 comments:

Julia said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Rachel said...

HAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That's really what I sound like right now.)

Julie said...

Oh brother. Tal is too clever by half. Ditto Julia & Rachel!

The Law Spot said...

That kid!! You are going to have to start following him around with a tape recorder!