Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our Journey Begins


On our way to the airport...the first time.  Notice how clean, well-behaved and happy they look.  Fast-forward 12 hours after we miss our flight (well, technically we didn't miss it we arrived at the gates 10 minutes before departure...which apparently isn't "15" minutes before departure so they gave our seats away) and the picture wasn't quite so pretty.

This is about half of the luggage we took to Saudi.  It was a small nightmare.

Conked out after waiting 12 hours for the flight.


In the airport on our way to SA.  Although Beti looks slightly possessed here the flight went much better than I had anticipated.  Maybe it was the hundreds of hours (okay, it just felt like hundreds) we spent in the car the week before.

This is living baby.  We flew Business Class (on the company)...it was amazing!  The attendants were so good with the kids the seats were comfortable the food was good...it's still not worth paying $1000's of dollars for but I'm glad I got to do it once. 

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that part is behind you.
And did I miss the part about Beti's hair cut? I. Love it. Adorable.
And I hope you blow up that picture of them asleep on the plane and frame it. It's priceless.

Jen S said...

her hair is adorable. miss you guys!

Julia said...

Oooh! Business class! Rache tells me good things about it :) Such cute kids!