Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Saudi Arabia

Tal wrote this book at the end of school this year.  I think he does a pretty good job summing up our story. (I'll translate it for you)
All About Moving to Saudi Arabia
Hey, my name is Talmage and my family is going to Saudi Arabia.  My Dad say's it's crazy.  I'm a little scared to go.
My family's names are Calvin, Naomi, Beti, and Mom and Dad.  Calvin is really funny.  Naomi gets tired a lot.  Beti is bright.  Mom and Dad are serious.
We need lots and lots of boxes.  We had a garage sale a few years (weeks) ago.  I earned 4 dollars.  My sister earned 1 dollar.  She whined that I got 3 more dollars.
Saudi Arabia is at the other side of the world so it's going to take like three days.  But before we get there we're going to visit our grandparents and go to Disneyland.

That pretty much sums it up.  Yep, we did something crazy and a little scary and moved to Saudi Arabia.  But, there are things (at least in a 7 year-old's mind) that are just as important...like earning more money than your sister in a garage sale and of course, Disneyland.  It turns out that even in Saudi Arabia the bulk of our life is a lot like it has always been.  We still fight a little, laugh a little and love a lot.  Our adventure has just begun but we are settling in and getting our feet under us and enjoying the ride along the way.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

"mom and dad are serious." that's hilarious!

Julia said...

So excited to see your posts! Those kids are so hilarious! Your cute hair is making me want my short hair back! Can you blog pics of your new house?

Rachel said...

Haha! Tell Tal his story is awesome. Hope you're enjoying it over there!

Whitney said...

awesome travel log. Maybe someday we can meet up in Yosemite for some serious hiking. I've been there 2 times and it is one of my favorite places. We even hiked Half Dome in a day...my dad's idea of a good time is a 20 miler starting at 4 am. Maybe that explains a lot about me. Anyway, we want to take the kids when we can hike with them and not haul them. Keep the photos coming!

Sara said...

We were so excited to see some photos of the journey. Some fabulous memories. We miss you guys.