Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Talmage

Talmage turned 8 a couple of weeks ago.  It's a big day when you're first child turns eight.  I feel like we are transitioning to a new phase of parenting and I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

What a blessing it has been to have Tal as our first child.  He has a truly kind heart and a generous spirit and he makes our home a better place.  That's not to say he doesn't have his moments, this summer brought the first mood swings I have seen from him.  He tried to tackle Andy one day (in anger) and that in itself is a sure sign of some raging testosterone :)  But he is a wonderful, wonderful boy and I am so glad to be his mom.

We baptized him in the preacher's pool.  Both sets of grandparents were able to make it.  His confirmation blessing was beautiful.  All in all it was an incredible day.








No shallow end?  Who needs it? Tal just stood with one foot on the ladder until it was time.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am so lonesome for all of you. Seriously. Have pictures on the fridge, but miss the real little people. Tal and Naomi, Grandpa and I bought a ping pong table for our Christmas present and I'm going to be practicing for our games next year!