Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cinderella Hulk and Pink Freckles...

Just a few excerpts from a typical day at the Law house:

Yesterday at the Doctors office Tal found a hole in the wall. He looked into it and saw that it was full of bad witches - that were apparently after us. Valiantly he declared himself the Incredible Hulk. Not to be outdone Naomi got very serious and declared herself "Cinderella Hulk" (I'm thinking of trademarking this one :))

The kids found a dead bird in the yard yesterday. Instead of listening to their mothers warning about leaving it alone they picked it up (yes, bare hands) and brought it to the picnic table. As we were telling Dad about it this morning he sternly reinforced that they should not pick up dead animals. Naomi wouldn't have any of that insisting that she was "making a bed for it!" (I have a feeling we haven't had the last "don't pick up dead animals" talk :))

After I tucked the kids into bed last night I turned the light off and shut the door. As I stood by the door listening I overheard this conversation:
Naomi: Tal? I love you.
Tal: I love you to sissy.

This morning as we were walking down the stairs to breakfast Tal asked me what color his freckles were. I replied that they were brown and followed up that most people have brown freckles. At that Naomi piped up, "NOT ME. I have pink freckles!"

3 comments:

La Belle Belge said...

I love it! Aren't kids conversation the best. Good thing they didn't bring the dead bird inside and gave it their own bed... it can always be worst, right?! They are so funny! Loic is entering the I am a super hero faze (not sure how come because he has yet to see any of the super hero movies--all he has is a couple of T-shirts). So here is his super hero outfit (I don't know why I haven't taken a picture yet): snow boots, Thomas the train or Elmo underwear over diaper, no shirt and lightning McQueen flee blanket attached around his neck as a cape... Not sure what we should call him?! Better not cross his path when his dressed like that...
Just to reply to your comment on my blog. Don't you worry, the balance between crazy week--where I am sometimes on the verge of running away from my kids--and the fun weekends is very equal. My next post will be another Real Life in Zurich. I miss you all a ton and can't wait to see you!

Tony said...

I miss you guys and those kids!

You should like to my blog-travel log.

www.zurich-zeitung.blogspot.com

Jen S said...

love love love it!!!