Monday, July 30, 2012

National Parks: Part 1

Part of our big move included Andy and Talmage driving a car full of junk stuff we couldn't live without and Wicket (our dog) to Utah. Some of the highlights:
  • Packing literally every inch of a 13 year-old Accord to see if it could make it through a 1600 mile road trip...it did make it but it will never be the same.
  • Somehow carving out a space big enough for Wicket to sit on top of...he was able to enlarge his space to include Andy's head and neck at times.
  • Apparently a stay at two of the ickiest hotels in America.  Andy says that it is good I wasn't there - yes, I agree.
  • Stopping at 4 National Parks.
  • A little frustration about the amount of time spent taking pictures (I hear you)
  • Lots of great conversations and quality time for the boys.
All in all, I think it was a great experience for the two of them - I hope all of my kids get a chance like this.


 Pooped out.  He was such a trooper - it was a long trip and he didn't complain about anything...except the picture taking.




 I'm not exactly sure what this picture is of...but if I had been there this is the look I would have been giving Andy when he pulled out his camera for another round :)

 If you look you can see Wicket wedged into the back seat - this is how we roll.

Love this pic of the two boys.

1 comment:

Jen S said...

very awesome!! but who is taking the pictures? tripod action?