Tuesday, July 31, 2012

National Parks: Part 3

...well, kind of.  Disneyland should probably qualify.  This whole trip was born from the desire I had to take my kids to Disneyland before we left - how much more "American" can you get?  So we spent 3 of our 9 days taking it all in.  A couple of observations:
1) They must do some serious psychological screening before they hire Disneyland employees.  We didn't meet one cranky employee...I was seriously impressed. If I had to deal with kids and parents in various stages of meltdown all day...well, let's just say I wouldn't be an ideal employee.
2) Disneyland really does live up to the hype.  All of the kids loved it - each in different ways but it was magical.
3) I am still afraid of roller-coasters.
4) Somehow Disneyland manages to simultaneously be one of the is most magical and most frustrating places I have ever been.  I loved it.

I thought Beti might be intimidated by the numerous large animals strolling through Disneyland but nope.  She loved it - and they loved  her too!
I included this pic because if you look closely you can see the look of terror on my face.  I just can't get over it.

Tal won't admit it - but this Captain Hook did a pretty good job of scaring him.
Our Fairy Godmother - she was amazing!


Definitely one of the highlights - meeting up with Tal's best bud Jonathon and his family - our trips coincidentally overlapped and we loved spending some time with them!





Tal and Naomi got chosen to do Jedi training - it was so much fun - they do an incredible job.  Should definitely be a must see if you're in Disney.

This Peter Pan was so funny!  And for some reason Tal loved him...maybe he relates to the whole lost boy concept :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you were able to make it to Disney- and have a great time. Love that place. And I agree, even the workers are magical. If you get them talking, they can tell you all sorts of neat facts about the place, its history, where to eat, just cool stuff. And I'm dying that you don't like roller coasters. If I could build one in my backyard and ride it 5 times a day, I would.
MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Jen S said...

loving your comments and seeing your trip-a-log. and yes, i love the roller coaster picture too. i'm with you on that one. i tried one again a couple years ago and confirmed that i am not a fan.