Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Motherhood is.

Motherhood is.

Taking all 4 of your kids to the doctor's office. Having them throw themselves on the ground (repeatedly) during a tantrum, color on the bed, pull, hit and scream at every adult in sight, and smiling through it all as if you've got everything under control.

Getting your child out of her carseat only to realize she's covered from head to toe in poop.

While at the park trying to figure out the equation that will succesfully predict the exact moment you should leave - taking into account the amount of sleep they got for the last three nights, what and when they've eaten, if they're sick, and how hot/cold it is. Enabling you to maximize the fun while just escaping the inevitable meltdown that will occur if you stay to long.

"Going to the bathroom" on the airplane - just so you can sit and cry in private at how loud and disruptive your kids are being.

Motherhood is also.

Waking up in the night to cries that can only be comforted by you.

"I love you's", two-year old kisses, and sweet little hands that fit perfectly into yours.

Crying over every milestone and setback. Just because you feel so much of your childs triumphs and losses.

Saying I'm sorry (for the many mistakes I make) and realizing how completely my kids are willing to forgive me and love me still.

4 comments:

Julie said...

You are a terrific, amazing Mother!

Elaine Pettit said...

It was so nice to see you today and catch up a little bit. I think you are doing amazing and look great. I send you an invite earlier...I hope I send it to the right email. Alright have a good night.

The Law Spot said...

This is very sweet! You are such a great, mom, Linds. I seriously don't know how you do all of it and truly appear as though you DO have it all under control.

Maria said...

This post is beautiful! It made me cry. You are such an example to me of a loving caring mother who is real and allows herself to be so. Thanks for sharing!