Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wish I had a tape recorder

I wish I carried a tape recorder with me all the time. Mornings like this one, when Tal was in rare form, would be classic...

Tal: Where's Calvin?
Dad: Maybe he's still in bed?
Tal: No, I checked his bed.
Mom: Well maybe he's sneaking around. Did you teach him how to be sneaky?
Tal: Remember a year ago when I showed Calvin how to sneak out of his room? I guess I did teach him to be sneaky.
Mom: Well, I guess that's what brothers are for.
Tal: No, brothers are for taking care of you, helping you, being nice and teaching you how to do stuff...
Mom: (Internal Dialogue: Really? Whose kid is this?)

A few minutes later...
Mom: Tal, today we'll go to the book fair together and you can pick out a book.
Tal: Great. I'll use my money...remember my blue piggy bank.
Mom: That's okay Tal. I'll buy the books this time.
Tal: No Mom! I want to help!

And yet a few minutes later...
Tal: Mom, did you know the blue whale is way bigger than the leopluradon (a water dinosaur that Tal is obsessed with).
Mom: Wow.
Tal: Yeah, the blue whale is the biggest thing on earth. If you put a lady bug next to it it would be like 100thousand times bigger than it!

He's funny. You should hear him describe bats and spiders...I could listen for hours :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yet again, I am laughing out loud because Tal is SO dang hilarious!! Thanks for posting!

mandy harline said...

I'm dying over here! I love that kid!!! Can't wait to move back. p.s. we were on har.com and found a PERFECT house for us in Summerwood....we're wondering if we should go ahead and by it????!

Julie said...

Oh I am so lonesome for all of you. Tal and ALL are such precious kids.

Julia said...

Tal does have a good memory! All of your kids have your feet!