Thursday, September 9, 2010

Island Park and Yellowstone


We had the best vacation this summer! We were able to spend a week in Island Park with our families. We stayed in a cabin right on the lake and spent the first few days with Andy's family and the last few days with mine. We had so much fun...eating, catching up, catching bats and just relaxing.
After watching a six disc PBS documentary on the National Parks, Andy decided we were going to visit them all. We took a day trip from Island Park and spent some time in Yellowstone with the fam. Check.
Here are a few of the highlights from the trip. (Thanks to all those who took great pictures - it seems like I was always forgetting my camera!)

Around the campfire with Grandpa Great.
Beautiful...

It is honestly a small miracle that we didn't tip over :)

The family that tubes together stays together?
Elisabeth and I at Mesa Falls.
Mesa Falls again
Daddy and Elisabeth chilling in the hamock
Naomi attempting to waterski. She didn't actually get up but no one ever needs to know that :)
Cousins - Naomi and Abby they had so much fun!
Elisabeth and Aunt Sadie - don't they both have great smiles??
Uncle Spence giving Elisabeth her first ice cream - she'll love him forever :)
Ice Cream at the Old Faithful Lodge
Naomi helping Calvin cover his mouth while he coughed...love it.
Old Faithful
Old Faithful

Such fun.

We made a detour and drove by the house I grew up in. I hadn't been there in over 15 years!

2 comments:

mandy harline said...

so much fun! bruce and i have talked about making a family trip up to yellowstone when we move back home. we love it there! you look really good, by the way...skinny, pretty, cute,...can i be just like you? i miss you, but we'll be home soon....only 6 months now!!!!!!

Melody said...

What a fun summer vacation. I have loved reading through your blog tonight. I haven't checked it in so long, I was glad to see that you have been posting a lot. I heard that you had your fourth baby. Congratulations! Gorgeous family, of course. Your family photos are so beautiful. I enjoy reading the quotations of things your cute kids say. little treasures. Say hi to Andy for me. He looks great. I wish we lived closer together. I know we would love to hang out.